notes to being able to write this article at a later time:
How my network looks like
- main workstation
- general purpose notebook; mainly used by ma wife
- my netbook that I often use if the notebook is not available
- mythtv media center
- and now my new banana pi which should work as a central data store --> NAS
On all of this machines I use the same user name. But the UIDs and GIDs of this user is different as I did not take care in the past. And now I want to have parts of my home data in all of this machines on my central NAS (the banana pi).
On banana pi
- Current raspian image for bananapi
- aptitude install nfs-kernel-server avahi-daemon
- changed root password to being able to access the system via ssh email@example.com
- removing the local pi user
on nfs client machines:
The main issue on client machines that should use a central NFS share for data storage are the question about the user id under which data will be stored on the server.
- at this link I saw how I am able to modify a UID for an already existing user.